Did You Know That Selling On Technology Giant Really Worth It?
Amazon has 2.3 million active sellers worldwide. Sellers with products for sale are considered active. Largest marketplaces by active sellers are Amazon.com with 474,000 active sellers, Amazon.fr with 275,000 active sellers, and Amazon.es with 270,000 active sellers.
Every year more than a million new sellers join Amazon, however less than 10% of the currently active sellers were able to achieve $100,000 in yearly sales, and only 1% achieved $1 million in sales. Marketplaces tend to exhibit power law distribution, the observation that a large portion of sales on a marketplace is generated by a small fraction of its sellers population. These top sellers on Amazon are responsible for the majority of the overall volume on the marketplace.
So far this year 1.2 million sellers joined all Amazon marketplaces. This equals to 3,520 new sellers every day, or 146 every hour, or even 2 every minute. At the current rate 1.3 million new sellers will have joined Amazon by the end of the year.
New Amazon sellers
- 1,029,528 new sellers have joined Amazon this year.
- That’s the equivalent of 2,975 new sellers every day.
- So far this year, 400,703 new sellers have joined Amazon.com.
- 112,623 new sellers have joined Amazon.in.
- 80,046 new sellers have joined Amazon.co.uk.
- 18% of the top sellers on Amazon.com have their main category as Electronics.
- 15% of the top sellers are Clothing, Shoes & Jewelry.
- 13% of the top sellers are Home & Kitchen.
- 11% of the top sellers are Health & Household.
Amazon marketplace stats
- Amazon currently has 12 marketplaces: USA, UK, Germany, France, Canada, Japan, India, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Brazil, and China. Australia and Singapore marketplaces are launching soon.
- Marketplace sellers, product sales totalled$118.57 billion, up 25.2% from $94.67 billion in 2016.
- There are over 5 million marketplace sellers across all Amazon marketplaces.
- 1,761,784 sellers have products listed for sale.
- A growing number of sellers on Amazon marketplace are based in China or Hong Kong.
- China’s share of the Amazon marketplace is around 25%.
- 66% of the top 10,000 sellers use FBA
- Fulfilment by Amazon shipped billions of items worldwide.
- Amazon Lending surpassed $3 billion lent to small businesses on Amazon since the program started in 2011.
- There are over 100 million Prime members who spend over $126 billion per year/
Amazon US stats
- More than 300,000 third-party sellers started selling on Amazon in 2017.
- More than 140,000 third-party sellers surpassed $100,000 in annual sales.
- Amazon Handmade expanded, offering customers more than one million handcrafted items across all 50 US states and more than 60 countries.
- During the Holiday Season, customers ordered more than 1 billion items from third-party sellers on Amazon, with more than 140 million items ordered between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday.
- 28% of US consumer used Amazon to research their most recent product.
To conclude this “Did you know sell on Amazon worth it”, now let’s see how to sell on Amazon?
Would you like to win a Free Lifetime access to PricingScan + a cash bonus of $ 1,000 ?
Also Take advantage of PricingScan’s 15-day trial, the First Amazon Sellers Platform with Zero Fixed Fees.