“How works Amazon SEO thanks to its outstanding A10 Algorithm?” is a deepening of the theme “How to list products on Amazon in 2021 step by step”
When a buyer arrives at Amazon, he/she has only one goal: buy a particular product. But the ultimate question is: who will he/she get it from? Now, if you want the answer to be “you,” it is important to comprehend how Amazon SEO (Search Engine Optimization) works in the current scenario and how to crack the Amazon’s A10 algorithm.
With millions of active sellers in the Amazon marketplace, you have to keep your product listings optimized, clear, and appealing to potential buyers.
What Is Amazon’s A10 SEO Algorithm And How It Works?
Amazon has its own propriety search algorithm that determines what products rise to the top of search results. Previously, the algorithm was Amazon A9; Amazon A10 works pretty much the same way, but with a few key differences.
- Amazon A10 weighs buyer searches more strongly and with more relevance than it did with Amazon A9. With Amazon A9, the algorithm pushed users to more profitable products. A10 has shifted the focus to giving users more accurate findings, even if the end result isn’t as profitable.
- Sponsored links don’t generate as much importance or success with A10 as they did with A9. That’s not to say PPC campaigns are irrelevant, as they still hold a great deal of value.
- Seller authority is one of the most important factors, which means that positive feedback matters more than with A9.
- Another aspect of seller authority is the depth and breadth of your inventory. Having a broad array of products tells Amazon you can appeal to more users because you can meet more needs.
- Items that can be bundled together can help you rank higher with A10.
- Use your Amazon link for products to drive traffic to your listings to capitalize on A10, as it’s far more effective than PPC campaigns. Amazon has placed increased value on users learning about your products elsewhere. So add Amazon links to your website, blog, message boards and any other platforms you use.
- Don’t ignore slow-moving stock or a dip in sales. Your goal is to maintain a strong sales history because A10 views that as a key factor in higher search rankings. However, organic sales are also important. If Amazon sees that as you doing strong work without the aid of marketing and promotions A10 tends to reward those efforts.
- Another area to focus on is click-through rate (CTR), which is impacted by things like enticing photos and strong copy. The higher your CTR, the higher you tend to rank in searches. But don’t just stop at CTR, as conversion rate also matters. If buyers are clicking on your products but not converting, identify what the roadblock is and fix it so you can rank higher.
Amazon’s search result page
The Amazon Seller Central has a comprehensive system for categorizing its products. Check out this comprehensive guide to know more about Amazon Seller Central.
When a user or buyer or shopper (however, you call it) searches for something on Amazon, there are two ways the products are displayed on the result page:
- List View: This layout type features about 15 – 16 products on every result page.
- Gallery View: This layout type has about 24 – 25 products on every result page.
This understanding is necessary to categorize the product correctly using these views and filtering.
Amazon’s sponsored products
Another imperative category in Amazon’s search results is the Sponsored Products. Typically, we can see sponsored product results on the top part of a product page or sometimes with the organic results.
Along with the right keyword bidding strategies, you will have to optimize the sponsored product listings for Amazon SEO too. By following the right Amazon SEO strategies and PPC campaigns, your product will be listed on the first Page of the sponsored products.
Amazon’s search filters
Then, on the left-hand side, you will have filter fields. There are various filters like product category, seller rating, shipment method, brand, color, product condition, etc. Amazon’s algorithms are smart.
They are designed in a way to understand if a product is black or brown, provided that it is mentioned in the product listing copy. Only when this piece of information is included in the listing copy, it qualifies the product to be displayed in the subset of the filter query. No wonder, an “optimized listing” plays a key role.
Say, for instance, you are selling a coffee machine from Mr. Coffee and you want your listing to come up in the category “coffee machine” as well as in the “Mr. Coffee” filter view, then you should specify these characteristics as precisely as possible while categorizing in the Seller Central.
What Factors Influence The A10’s Search Rankings?
Talking about Amazon A10’s factors, they are classified into two important groups:
- Price – A bigger price difference than your competitors can turn out to be a disadvantage for you.
- Stock Supply – Any product of yours that runs “out of stock” can become a drawback too. A10 algorithm push far down or remove your listing.
- Text Relevance – This denotes the way have you optimized your product listing with the right title and description.
- Sales Velocity – When you start selling more products, the higher are the chances of rankings and becoming successful on Amazon.
Tips to Rank Higher with Amazon A10 SEO Algorithm
Here are the top tips you should be using to take the most advantage of A10.
- Take professional photos that meet Amazon’s image requirements. Having great photos will help users stop and take a second look and click on your listing, with CTR being one of the main factors in A10 for elevating search rankings.
- Refine your copy so it reads well and clearly, but also contains relevant keywords.
- Speaking of keywords, use them well, widely and wisely. Your goal is to provide as much (relevant) information in your listings as possible to help A10 match your products accurately to buyers’ searches.
- Think twice about using discounts and promotions as a way of ranking higher and increasing traffic. That’s an A9 thing, and not nearly as important with A10. Instead, focus on off-site traffic and good organic Google rankings. A good way of doing this is by having influencers or bloggers link to your Amazon products on their page to create a diverse source of external traffic.
- Get good pricing rules in place to present the most competitive and attractive prices. You don’t want to engage in a race to the bottom and nor do you want to offer too-good-to-be-true deals (something that’s 75% off will more so look suspicious than alluring).
- Be dogged in your approach of getting reviews. It can be frustrating going after buyers and having them leave a review, but it strongly affects the buying process. Amazon wants to direct buyers to products they think most relevantly match their searches and having a product that implies trust with tons of positive reviews means it’ll usually rank higher than a product with fewer reviews.
To conclude, this “How works Amazon SEO thanks to its outstanding A10 Algorithm?” give you understanding keys to know how do your listings to getting the most out of Amazon SEO.
Would you like to win a 1-Year trial of PricingScan?
Also Take advantage of PricingScan’s 15-day trial, the first complete Amazon Sellers App with dynamic pricing.